- Refer to the enclosed pre operative checklist/timeline for info on you blood work, physical, etc. This needs to be done and at our office at least 1 week prior to surgery date or we reserve the right to cancel your procedure.
- All prescriptions must be filled at least 1 week before surgery and taken as
instructed. Remember…the Vitamin K (mephyton) needs to be started 4 days before your surgery.
- Arrange transportation to and from the office for the day of the surgery. You will also need someone to stay with you for at least 12 hours after the procedure to help with the initial dressing changes or until you feel comfortable.
- Purchase (before the surgery): a)”Betadine” or”Hibiclens” to wash your body with on the morning of surgery. b) absorbent pads (feminine pads) for dressing changes to absorb the drainage from your incision sites.
- No aspirin, aspirin containing medications, ibuprofen or anti-inflammatory drugs (Motrin, Advil, Nuprin, etc.) should be taken for 2 weeks before surgery. No Vitamin E for two weeks before surgery. No alcohol for 10 days before surgery (increases bleeding). No smoking for one week before and 2 weeks after surgery (delays healing time). This is VERY IMPORTANT!
- Please review the enclosed medication list and notify Dr. Hall if you are taking any of the listed meds. Many of these need to be discontinued before the surgery.
Day of Surgery
- Shower with the Hibiclens or Betadine. Wear glasses instead of contacts. Avoid wearing any makeup, moisturizer, or lotion on your skin.
- Eat a moderate meal 1 hour before your procedure. Avoid caffeine.
- Wear old comfortable sweats (dark colors). This is because the drainage may soak through them. Wear comfortable socks for warmth.
- Arrive on time and make allowance for traffic delays.
- Have your ride and caregiver arranged for.